Author, founder and President of The River Ministries, Margie Fleurant, speaks in the prophetic voice, challenging and building up the body of Christ through keen Biblical insights. Margie’s messages and books inspire and ignite a deeper passion for the Lord. In them people discover how to study and meditate on Scripture in order to uncover a more vibrant faith and intimate prayer time with the Lord. All of her teachings are grounded on the timeless principles in the Word of God. She often teaches on how to hear and understand the heart of the Father and how to realize His desire to see His people fulfill their ordained purposes here on earth.
Prayer is the cornerstone of The River Ministries and Margie has shared its importance with congregations throughout the United States and overseas. Margie is a woman who is uncompromisingly devoted to preaching the gospel message with authority and simplicity. The revelations she shares bring power and victory to people of faith no matter how long they have been on their spiritual journey. Traveling extensively as a keynote speaker, Margie uses the prophetic gifts the Lord has given her to creatively share messages to youth and adults in relevant ways. She has been the main speaker at many churches, women's conferences, youth conferences and weekend prayer seminars throughout the United States.
Margie graduated from Rhema Bible Training College in 1977 and is an ordained minister through Covenant Ministries International. She is also an ordained member of Faith Covenant Ministries. Margie and her husband, John, currently reside in New Jersey and have three grown children.
Rivers are a symbol of God’s power and presence. In prophetic terms, rivers provide the setting for divine encounters. It is the desire of The River Ministries to be a floodgate for God’s Spirit to flow through, refreshing participants, according to His will. We pray that the living water that flows from the heart of God results in people taking action and moving into their God ordained destiny. The majority of attendees describe having a personal, divine encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ as a direct result of the teaching Margie shares.
God has promised to pour out His Spirit on those who thirst for and seek out a relationship with Him. This is accomplished by steadily consuming God’s word, allowing it to fill and refresh the body, mind and soul of all who hear.
”Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” –John 7:38
All books, CD’s and the collection of resources on The River Ministries website are based on truths from the Word of God. Each resource is designed to teach and encourage believers to continue to drink in God’s living word so they can in turn, refresh the people around them.
- We believe that all Scripture (The Bible), both Old and New Testaments, were given by inspiration of God, as the writers were moved by the Holy Spirit, they wrote the very words of God and that the Scriptures are the only rule of faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Peter 1:23-25; Hebrews 4:12).
- We believe in the one true God who has revealed Himself as existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All are co-equal and co-eternal (Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:21-22; 1 John 5:7). Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, is the second member of the Godhead (Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1,14).
- We believe in the creation, test, and fall of man as recorded in the book of Genesis. By voluntary transgression, man fell, and his only hope of redemption is in Jesus Christ, the Son of God (Genesis 1:26-31, 3:1-7; Romans 5:12-21).
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, that He is the Savior of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very man (Luke 1:26-35; John 1:18; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6).
- We believe in the Salvation of Man
- (a) Man's only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. On the cross, Jesus Christ became sin and sickness, providing both salvation and healing for all mankind (Psalm 103:3). This salvation comes by believing in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and confessing with your mouth, Jesus as Lord (Romans 3:24, 10:8-10).
- (b) The inward evidence, to the believer, is the direct witness of the spirit (Romans 8:16). The outward evidence to all men is a life of true holiness and love (1 John 3:23; John 13:35).
- (c) Salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ and not by human works; however our works are evidence of our faith and will determine our rewards in eternity (Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9-10, 14:10-12; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-7; James 2:18).
- We believe in the necessity of Water Baptism by immersion as a declaration to the world that a believer has died with Christ and that they have been raised with Him to walk in newness of life (Matthew 28:19; Acts 10:47-48; Romans 6:4).
- We believe in the celebration of the Lord's Supper by eating of the bread and drinking of the cup is a remembrance of Jesus (1 Corinthians 11:24-30).
- We believe that all believers are entitled to, and should ardently expect and earnestly seek, the promise of the Father, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to the command of Jesus Christ. With this comes the endowment of power for life and service, the bestowment of gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry. This experience is distinct from and subsequent to the experience of the new birth (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8; 2:38-39, 10:44-46, 11:14-16, 15:7-9; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31).
- We believe in the Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit: The full consummation of the Baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit is evidenced by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and by the subsequent manifestation of spiritual power in public testimony and service (Acts 2:4, 10:44-46, 19:2, 6, 1:8).
- We believe the Church is the Body of Christ and each believer is an integral part (Ephesians 1:22, 2:19-22; Hebrews 12:23).
- We believe in the Total Prosperity of man
- (a) Spiritual (John 3:3,11; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21; Romans 10:9-10)
- (b) Mental (2 Timothy 1:7; Romans 12:1; Isaiah 26:3)
- (c) Physical (Isaiah 53:4, 5; Matthew 8:17; 1 Peter 2:24)
- (d) Financial (3 John 1:2; Malachi 3: 10-11; Luke 6:38; 2 Corinthians 9:6-10; Deuteronomy 28:1-14)
- (e) Social (Proverbs 3:4)
- We believe in the Blessed Hope: Jesus is coming again to gather all His Saints to Heaven (1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 2 Thessalonians 2:1).
- We believe those who have not accepted the redemptive work of Jesus Christ will suffer eternal separation from the Godhead (Revelation19:20, 20:10-15).
- We believe in the Millennial Reign of Jesus: The return of our Lord Jesus Christ with His Saints from Heaven to rule and reign for 1,000 years on earth as the Scripture promised (Romans 11:25, 27; 2 Thessalonians 1:7; Revelation 19:11-16, 20:1-7). After this, there will be a new heaven and a new earth (Revelation 21).